Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

NaBloPoMo Day XIX Hair and Rocks


Welcome to NaBloPoMo November 2012!

For the entire month of November I will focus on The Golden Moth Illumination Deck created by the ever so talented Aijung Kim. This is a wonderfully unique and original oracle deck. It's not a traditional Tarot deck but rather an intuitive oracle deck of simple drawings that will knock your socks off. The deck consists of 75 cards, 7 of which are blank and you are encouraged to draw your own cards.

Check out Aijung blog in the featured link on the right side of my blog.

Peace
Priscilla

Hair and Rocks
When I first saw this I thought hair and rocks. That can't be right! Wind and rocks? Waves and rocks? Those options didn't help me either. I pondered this card for several days, kinda agonizing over it, consumed even. Then I thought of this story I'd read years ago. I think it comes from an early Steven King book and I can't remember the name of the book. There is a story in there that talks about a farmer in the eastern states. Every year they needed to clear the field in order to begin their planting. Every year they needed to clear the rocks from the field. No matter how many rocks they cleared from the field it seems there was that many or more the following year to clear. Where did they all come from?

So I began to think of this card in that way. You clear out the obstacles, big ones, little ones. You get your field plowed, planted, harvested and put to bed. The next year you start all over again. Clearing away the rocks you left behind from last year and a great many new ones this year. It seems as if many of my projects are littered with obstacles. Little annoyances, big blockages, tiny bits of grit that will gum up your works in a most profound way. Where do they come from? Maybe they are nuisances you can avoid by better planning. Maybe they are the cost of doing business. Maybe they are loved ones that are still struggling to grow up and make better decisions and you've been clearing their rocks. You'll never clear all the obstacles because eventually the wind (or whatever!) will just bring more in.

I don't think this is a negative card. I think this is a natural card. Because life isn't perfect. It doesn't always go according to plan. Sometimes you need to get out there, use your sweat equity and clear the debris. Sometimes you need to go around them or maybe over them!! Maybe you need a little assistance! You know, many hands lightens the load. There is no shame in getting help when you need it.

What rocks have blown into your life? Do you need a little help?

Peace
Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello!