Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

NaBloPoMo Day III Worm and Weed


Welcome to NaBloPoMo November 2012!

For the entire month of November I will focus on The Golden Moth Illumination Deck created by the ever so talented Aijung Kim. This is a wonderfully unique and original oracle deck. It's not a traditional Tarot deck but rather an intuitive oracle deck of simple drawings that will knock your socks off. The deck consists of 75 cards, 7 of which are blank and you are encouraged to draw your own cards.

Check out Aijung blog in the featured link on the right side of my blog.

Peace
Priscilla
 WORM AND WEED
Aye aye aye!  I apologize for the uglness of this picture, all blurry!  Geesh!

I so love to garden and I've had worm bins for many years. Natures rototillers they aerate the soil and as they do they break down decomposing material and leave behind natural fertilizers for your garden. (didn't know you were going to get a gardening tut did you?) So I see here a worm warrior from my garden. After leaving behind much needed nutrients my plant is thriving. The roots now have everything they need to produce a strong healthy plant above ground. In just about every situation there are always things going on underground that will affect those things above ground. There must be a good foundation built in order to grow and nurture any project. What worm has come into my life enabling me to thrive? Worms have very few requirements in order to do the big job they have. Basically you feed them trash, waste, stuff you'd throw away. I'm a huge upcycler and I'm always looking for ways to reuse those things normally just thrown out. Pay attention to those things that seem insignificant. What are you throwing out that could be useful for you? How can you turn trash into treasure?

Also pay attention to what you are growing. I call this worm and weed because I can't identify the plant. Amending your soil and preparing a proper foundation is awesome but you could just as easily grow something you don't want in your garden. The healthiest dang plants in my garden are often the weeds. (and why do the bugs completely ignore these pesky plants?) Be mindful of the plants coming up in your garden, check for weeds often. What do I need to pull from my garden in order for the good stuff to thrive?

What's in your garden? Let me know how this card is meaningful for you. Leave me a comment and don't forget to put a link to your website!

Peace
Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello!