Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

NaBloPoMo Day V Man in the Clouds


Welcome to NaBloPoMo November 2012!

For the entire month of November I will focus on The Golden Moth Illumination Deck created by the ever so talented Aijung Kim. This is a wonderfully unique and original oracle deck. It's not a traditional Tarot deck but rather an intuitive oracle deck of simple drawings that will knock your socks off. The deck consists of 75 cards, 7 of which are blank and you are encouraged to draw your own cards.

Check out Aijung blog in the featured link on the right side of my blog.

Peace
Priscilla


Sitting on a cloud
This is an interesting card which I've had the pleasure of reading a couple of different ways. At first it came up as a negative card. A man sitting in a cloud, way above the earth. Head in the clouds man is not living in the real world. While it is good to dream big you need to be realistic as well. Sitting on a cloud gives you a great big picture perspective but it's hard to see the details from this vantage point.  We all know the devil is in the details.  Make sure you don't overlook the little things as they have a way of knocking the big picture off track.

Spiritually this card reminds me of meditation.  I enjoy my meditation time.  Daily meditation I feel is essential for a healthy spiritual life.  It's also crucial for maintaining balance in all your relationships.  Sometimes I get so caught up in everyone's drama that I need to 'get my head in the clouds' just to stay sane.  I'm more of a details kind of gal.  Sometimes I get so caught up in all the details that I forget to look at the big picture.  The details are important, yes, but it's easy to follow a trail in the wrong direction if you haven't viewed the whole course first.

This card could also indicate depression.  Maybe a sadness has come in your life and now all you can see is this cloud.  A greyness that keeps you from seeing both the details or the big picture.  Not seeing anything at all can keep you from moving forward.  It's easy to see that the cloud keeps you immobile.  Maybe you fear  falling off the planet entirely.  Maybe your energy is sapped.  What can you do to get grounded again?  What do you need to bring into your life to help you clear the mists from your vision?
   
Today I'm already overwhelmed with the big picture as I've already outlined this months tasks.  Now it's time to work on the details.  This too reminds me to maintain my meditation schedule.  I need to balance the big picture with the details and my goal for meditation is to keep me on task and focused. Maybe I need some new perspective.
 
What does Man in the Clouds say to you?  Missing the big picture? Do you need a new perspective? Are you overlooking the details?  Is your lofty goals or fantasy world keeping you from making good decisions?  Or perhaps you're a little down, sad.  What can you do to lift your spirits?  How will you clear the mists so you can see more clearly?  eeek!  It's a Monday already!

Peace
Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello!